Photo by Iker Urteaga on Unsplash
Board games aren’t my only hobby. In fact, one of my biggest hobbies is creating things in general. That naturally leads me to a love for designing board games, but I also occasionally make board-game-related things, which I’d like to share with you now!
I’ll probably add more as things pop into my head. If you have any requests, feel free to comment below.
Hex Board Generator
The Hex Tile Board Generator is something I created in Excel recently. As the name implies, it lets you create hex boards quickly, which you can then print off and use however you need. Here are a few things you can do with it:
- Edit the look and feel of up to 5 pre-defined tiles
- Set the width and height of the board
- Set the size of the tiles
- Set the size of the gap between tiles (including having no gap at all)
- Rotate the tiles to the horizontal or vertical position
- Randomly generate tiles based on approximate percent chances
- Quickly edit individual tiles after the board is created
PLEASE NOTE: When you click on the link above, it will look like a Google Sheets file, but it is not one. The generator will only work if you click the download button in the top-right corner of Google Sheets screen, then open the downloaded file in your desktop version of Excel.